Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's time for Picking Poppies . . .

Have you ever started something you didn't finish? Something you had good intentions of doing but never started? Well, I have. In fact I started, or set up, this blog almost a year ago but had a million reasons why not to start. I read a quote recently that talked about how we wait to do the perfect thing and with that we do nothing. I felt like he was talking directly to me!

“Too many of us wait to do the perfect thing, with the result we do nothing. The way to get ahead is to start now. While many of us are waiting until conditions are ‘just right’ before we go ahead, others are stumbling along, fortunately ignorant of the dangers that beset them. By the time we are, in our superior wisdom, decided to make a start, we discover that those who have gone fearlessly on before, have, in their blundering way, traveled a considerable distance. If you start now, you will know a lot next year that you don’t know now, and that you will not know next year, if you wait.”

~The William Feather Magazine (care of Steve Pavlina)


Reading the part about those who have gone fearlessly before me and how they have traveled a considerable distance was kind of scary. I'm not sure what I was waiting for, but the wait is over. The time is now to start taking those steps towards blundering my own way through what I hope will ultimately be a great distance traveled by this time next year. I am excited to know what I wouldn't have known had I continued to wait. Join me . . . let's pick poppies together.

9 comments:

PS said...

Congratulations Kim. Long overdue. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Ohh and firsties.

Honey from the Bee said...

Your blog looks absolutely gorgeous. Love the wallpaper! Perfect first post... can't wait to see/read more, Kim. You've got a strong voice to share.

Kim Stevens said...

Thank you!!!

Lorena Angulo said...

Looking good !!!
Welcome to the blog world !! :D

Katherine said...

I can't wait to see more. You are an inspiration.

E Smith said...

YAY Kim! It looks great and I'm anxious to hear more from you! You are an inspiration! And I'm honored to call you my friend!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful Kim, Congratulations!

Kim Stevens said...

Thank you so much everyone!

Unknown said...

So fun Kim!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...