Sunday, January 2, 2011

First sunrise of the year!

Okay, so technically it wasn't the first sunrise of the year, it was the second. But it was my first. It always seems when that either the weather is really nice and there is no time or you have a lot of time and the weather stinks. The last two weeks have proven strange with temps near 80 and as low as 35  like this morning. It's been rainy and overcast for most of it. Even though the forecast for this morning was going to be quite the chilly one, it was going to be sunny. So the hubby and I bundled up and took some warm coffee and the dog with us. Next time I need to make sure we leave a bit earlier because even though we got there on time for the sunrise, we did however miss the beautiful pre-show colors of the sky. Although it's always an "aha" moment for me to watch the sunrise, I wouldn't say it was the best one I have ever seen either.



3 comments:

Honey from the Bee said...

I'd say it was a perfect sunrise.. and your photos are beautiful. What a special place you now call home.

Stella said...

I always have enjoyed your pictures Kim. You have a real eye for catching subjects just right! I just discovered you had a blog... so now I'm hooked!!! ;)

Kim Stevens said...

Yes, anytime the sunrises it's a perfect morning and I feel blessed to be so close to enjoy it and share! And Colleen you haven't missed too much I just started about 2 weeks ago!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...