Sunday, October 9, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I went out this morning to watch the sunrise and for the second time
in as many weeks it just wasn't one of those photographic moments.
It does seem though, that when I can't get to the sunrise,
(I live only 10 miles from the water) the sky turns the most beautiful shades of pink!
I was trying to get a photo for this first prompt . . .  so now on to plan 'B'.

1. Landscape: If you were here for my foto friday then you know that I was a bit sad (and thank you
so very much for all of your kind comments) because my friend left for her new home 1200 miles
away and to cheer myself up I went to one of my favorite places . . . Maas Nursery.




2. Complementary colors:  Colors that fall opposite of each other on the color wheel. This was taken
about 10 feet outside my front door early in the morning just before the sun rose over the houses, and
right after the sprinklers had been on. I seem to have a thing for water drops lately!




3. Food: Cake Balls, yum!! It's nice to have a teenage daughter who likes to bake.



4. Black and White: I thought this one would be perfect for this prompt. This was Friday night right
before the start of the game . . . all the players make their way to the end zone and kneel . . . I left one of
the players gloves pink and what you cannot see is that every player on our team is wearing something
pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. Our stands were scattered with pink too!

Photography love...


5. Blank space: There is a blank space in the vine wall, it just so happens that something else is filling
it in on the other side!



Hope you've been having a great weekend!!
Join me in checking out the other scavenger hunt prompts....





20 comments:

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Yummy cake balls - they look delicious too. That nursery has such a terrific display of colour just now - I love those snapdragon flowers but I also love your blank space shot - that garden scene looks so much more relaxing and less taxing on the eyes.

I don't know much about american football but when they are leaning down like that are they praying or just waiting for the whistle to start the game?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Great shots. I love that second shot and your black and white shot. So awesome. Those cake balls look yummy!

Kmcblackburn said...

Hey Kim, I have to tell you that think your B/W is my personal all time fav of yours!!!! The composition is amazing but the feeling it evokes puts it over the top for me. Okay, this is too funny because MY b/w is also a sports capture with one element left in color too! Haha...great minds :). Gorgeous set of Photos this week.

Kathy

Sara said...

Fantastic set, all great but I love your colour wheel shot, those water drops are awesome!

Tamar SB said...

Fabulous finds!! Love your blank space and food - they look divine!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous water droplets on the flower

Kathryn Dyche said...

Gorgeous images, such great shots.

Nancy said...

Outstanding, Kim. Especially the football player. Inspiring, really. :)

Alita said...

Your black and white capture has such depth of emotion. It is by far my favorite.

I enjoyed your photos, and I can't wait to see more. I'm now following along.

Alita

Lori said...

I love your collection! But the B&W for two reasons, this shot looks great in B&W, and the players kneeling it's just beautiful, such emotion. It's touching. I would have this framed.

Lori

Susan said...

Oh such lovely photos, each and every one. Your selective color shot of pink is AMAZING! Love it! The gorgeous wall framed with vines and flowers is truly enchanting!

Anonymous said...

Wow these are amazing shots...you can almost taste the cake balls.

Christy said...

I love your complimentary colors shot. Very cool! And the pink makes you a wonderful person.

Pieni Lintu said...

Your food shot looks so delicious!!!!

Marcie said...

These are great! I'm so enjoying and inspired by the Scavenger Sunday series!

SarahinSC said...

Absolutely touching black and white photo. Wow. That really is stunning!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are so great - love your color wheel and black and white shots!

Saun said...

Awesome set, loving your color shot.

Serline said...

All these photos were great and well captured.

Honey Mommy said...

I love your complimentary colors shot! The water drops on the lily are so cool!

The blank space shot looks very peaceful as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...