Sunday, October 23, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Hip, hip, hooray!!

It's Sunday, and you know what that means . . .

It's time to pull out our bag of scavenger hunt items,
and lay them on the table.

So here are the prompts and what I found:

1. Words: Words are very powerful and extremely encouraging. This picture is of a note that one of my two
    leaders from a bible study gave me along with the box. I can't remember what they called the box, but it
    is for collecting words of encouragement we receive so that we can go back through them on the days
    that we forget or need to be uplifted. I had forgotten about this box until this prompt, and not because I
    haven't needed the words, I guess I just got out of the habit of putting them in there. I won't be forgetting -
    it was so nice to read them again!




2. Under:  Sometimes it's a little scary to be under a bird, if you know what I mean, especially when it's a
    flock of them - this happened to be the only one I managed to capture.



 3. Orange: Once again I found another prompt at my favorite nursery. I can just imagine these hanging
     around a Tiki hut by the side of a pool while sipping a drink with an umbrella! ; )




4. Fly:  Yep, you should know by now that I will take every opportunity to photograph a bug if I can make
    it work with the prompt! Just look at how cute his little shadow is!





5. Always look on the bright side: WARNING, you might need sunglasses! I've been practicing my sunflares
    and starbursts and trying not to blind myself at the same time! (Whew ) Remember, if you can't find the
    bright side just keep turning around, eventually you'll find it!


I highly encourage you to continue the scavenger hunt here, you won't be disappointed

Hope your weekend is great!

Love, Kim
XO





30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos....how in the world did you manage to capture that fly...do tell.

Kim Stevens said...

I used my 40mm macro lens to get the fly . . . and was super lucky he didn't 'fly' away since I have to get soooo close with that lens.

Lauren said...

Wow- great macro shot of the fly!

Anonymous said...

I love your photos! :) greetings..

Pieni Lintu said...

So lovely!

Sara said...

Beautiful set, love under and fly, amazing captures, love the details, fly's shadow and hairs! Love the light and rays in bright side, just gorgeous.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

wow I love the details in that fly - it's not often they stay around long enough for a photo. My favourites are word because of the focus and fly as you've got the wings illuminated with the sunlight around the edges.

Kathryn Dyche said...

Great shots, loving the macro fly and the birds too.

Tamar SB said...

I love your words and orange! Great finds this week!

Saun said...

You hit it on the nose! Great job love your fly shot. I'm going to have to get a macro lens.

Kmcblackburn said...

You nailed this set this week Kim! The "under" prompt I love how you captured the light on the other side of the one wing. What a wonderful idea that "encouragement box" is. And I like your perspective in the capture too. Great sun flare! And I REALLY like your commentary this week too....Kudos!

Kathy

Marcie said...

I just love that one of the painted parrots/birds. Such great color!!

Deanna said...

Golly, gee whiz, OMG - these are all just fantastic. Love the comment box, the parrots, that flying thing is super-duper, all are really wonderful.

Ashley Sisk said...

Seriously girl - those last 2 shots are amazing!

Christy said...

I love that fly. It was my first thought but then I couldn't find one.

Andrea Dawn said...

That fly picture is awesome. All great shots.

Unknown said...

Love your 'words'! And what a great sunburst!

Unknown said...

Love your 'words'! And what a great sunburst!

Nadege, said...

Your fly photo is amazing, and the colored birds are wonderful. Great collection of images.

Cedar said...

Great fly capture and I love the idea of an encouragement box. It is so often needed!

Jessica Bucher said...

great set! Love the bug. You'll love next week's prompt...macro. lol

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots. Love your fly, but they are all great.

Tiffany said...

Love all of them...especially "words". Hope you had a great weekend.

Tiffany

Valeria said...

Beautiful entries.

Unknown said...

ohhhh your blog is sooo pretty!!
I love love love your fly pic...amazing macro....and great under capture!xoxo

Unknown said...

Great set! That little fly is quite an amazing shot!

deb duty said...

You did such a great job with the hunt! That fly shot is fantastic and I love your bright side too.

Stasha said...

Wonderful set Kim! Love what you said about the bright side.

Rosemary Aubut said...

Beautiful shots! Great hunt!

Lisa Gordon said...

Great photos for the prompts Kim!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...