Well, it's Sunday
which means yesterday was Saturday
and we had our second playoff game in the afternoon.
Such a fabulous season
and after losing the first three pre-district games
we went on to win eight games in a row
including beating last year's State Champs!
But our journey is over . . .
With possession and two minutes to go
down by three points
we. just. ran. out. of. time!
So today I share with you my interpretations of the prompts from the game.....
1. Mainly one color: Since we were the home team, we wore our mainly black uniforms. This is a tradition
they started this year right before the start of the second half - this is called trusting your team.
2. Writing: Not all was lost, she asked him to the Winter Ball and he said yes! ; )
3. Around the home: Even though we didn't play in our stadium, we were the home team. And when
you looked around you saw an incredible bond between players, each of them arm in arm.
4. Water: The kind that contains salt . . . and there was lots of it! This is the head coach and I'm
pretty sure every player came to get a hug from him!!
5. Reflection: Our reflection afterwards of the game left us feeling well, a bit dazed. It looked
a little like this . . .
I can't even tell you what a pleasure it has been to watch this team for eleven weeks and I can
only say that my family and I won't know what to do with ourselves now that it's over!!
But I'm sure my daughter will be letting me know the countdown until next season . . . like tomorrow.
Have a great weekend!