Friday, December 23, 2011

Foto Friday - Just Two Days 'Til Christmas . . .



 . . . and all through the house
every creature was stirring, yes even the spouse!
Since we were out yesterday doing last minute shopping
 We found that the malls are still really hopping.
There were cars strung on streets hoping to get there
and some that forgot to use their manners with care.
We had filled our pockets with some of our cash
and knew it wouldn't take long before it was gone in a flash!
I was hoping to get a glimpse of that elusive St. Nick,
and as it turns out I'm just not that quick.
So I whistled and shouted and I called him by name
but all I heard back was, "Thanks just the same."
So off to the register like coursers we flew
with a cart full of stuff and a couple of coffees too.
This shopping thing is just so much work
 as the cashier looked over, he turned with a jerk
and on laying his fingers on the register keys
we knew he had done this before, he did it with ease!
He sprang into action and worked while he whistled
but we needed to dash away, as it was starting to drizzle.
And we heard him exclaim as we walked out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to you, have a good night!" 


Remember
This December,
That love weighs more than gold!

- Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon


Okay so maybe I'm not quite finished yet, because I got caught up with my camera?
last night I was playing and I asked my son for a paper plate and some aluminum foil, for what else,
a reflector of course! ; )
He walked into the dining room and said, "Ummm, WOW!"
Yes I had made an entire mess in my dining room all over the table, but I did have fun!


And Oh, Oh Christmas Tree, with each tiny light . . . yes, Monday I finally got the tree done!
I decided that the pre-lit 15 year old tree that was no longer lighting was going to have to wait til next year, so we brought out the smaller Charlie Brown tree. There is a reason why I love a pre-lit tree, wrapping lights is way too time consuming, but whew, it's done! The thought of turning around and taking it down in a week is haunting me!


Just about everything in my house at Christmas is adorned with some kind of bird or bird related objects - birds, nests, birdhouses - one of my fav's being the glass ornaments with clips! It makes it easy for them to travel around . . .



I don't know about you, but I do love going for a ride in the car in P.J's drinking my salted carmel mocha and taking pics of all the Christmas lights! Well, as a passenger that is - I'm always so sad when it's time for them to be put away!






As we were driving around we came across this pond with the refections of the trees and being as we were in the car and I couldn't use the tripod, I had to do my best to handhold this one at 1/6s   - yeah, that's tricky! I just had to go with the settings I had and I only got three shots before another car came along and the first two were a bit blurry. The street lights were an orange color and gave off this incredible light in the grass and in the sky. I'm kinda liking this picture!


{Shoot edit submit}



{linked with La-La's Home Daycare}


And what would Christmas be without some really big bokeh!




Now living on the Texas coast, snow is somewhat of a novelty and therefore there will be no Winter Wonderland, so that's when you just have to create your own!



One of my very favorite Christmas boxes to get out each year is that of my fairies - my Mark Roberts fairies!! He now has fairies for all occasions through the year. I think I've been collecting them for about 12 years now, although it's been about 5 years since I have bought one! Far too long...and now he even has elves and pixies, sigh!  I could just string them through my house if my budget allowed. This was my very first one, called the Anniversary fairy and one of his very early ones!! My fairies and birds get along quite nicely!


This one is part of the 12 Days of Christmas collection and because he is the smaller version (9" ornament) he doesn't come with all the accessories of the larger ones . . . He is the Four Calling Birds fairy, and it appears that his calling birds have gone calling somewhere else?




This is one of the larger fairies and I can't remember which one this is, but he loves flying from the chandelier! I met Mark Roberts a few years ago and he actually posed this one for me and signed him along with some of my other ones.  




And this is the Christmas Dreams fairy . . . 




He looks a bit too small to be carrying my Christmas dream of a new lens and from his expression I think I'll have to wait 'til next year!



And this, this is my Sugar Plum Fairy, and he takes his job very seriously!  I PROMISE I'm making cookies tomorrow, REALLY, and just in time for Santa! Of course at our house Santa does love his CHEESE . . .



Of course with all the Christmas shopping, there is one thing we need to remember:
The best Christmas present we can give and the one I think we all want in return- to love and accept one another as we are! It's free, doesn't need wrapping, it's something that multiplies when we give it away, but yet it seems to be one of the most difficult to do? Perhaps if we didn't attach so many strings we wouldn't get so tangled up in it!

So to be on the safe side, I'm not attaching any ribbons or bows on the presents this year!

From my house to yours, I wish you a very Merry Christmas!!
Love to you all,
Kim
XO






  Photobucket"

18 comments:

Kmcblackburn said...

Kim, I love those fairies. Your house looks so lovely and festive, u did a great job decorating my friend :). So blessed our blogs have crossed paths this past year, u r such an inspiration to me. A very merry Christmas to you and yours!

Kathy

tiarastantrums said...

okay now I totally am googling those elves! LOVE!

urban muser said...

i love your shots of the outdoor lights! have a merry christmas!

deb duty said...

Wow! What a treat for my eyes! Every photo is so beautiful. I love the glass bird with the little nest and all the festive lights photos are so pretty. And those trees lit up by the lake are stunning! Merry Christmas!

Deanna said...

What a lovely, lovely group of Christmas images. Your home looks so warm and beautiful, love your collection of fairies. And those PJ (outdoor) shots are wonderful. The lighted trees make a stunning photo. So happy we found each other this year via blogland, I am wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas all wrapped up with love.

Unknown said...

your photos are delightful!!! happy holidays!!!

Light Trigger: visit us & leave a comment

Marcie said...

Such a beautiful collection of holiday images!! Wishing you laughter and light on this holiday!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Oh Kim - it looks simply magical chez vous!!! Christmas as everyone dreams of it. And what sage advice re unconditional acceptance - the best and the most healing gift of all. Happy Holidays to you and yours - including the birdies and the fairies!

Lisa Gordon said...

Such beautiful photographs Kim!
I hope you had a beautiful Christmas, and I wish you a very happy New Year.

Lori said...

They are all so very beautiful, what a treat to see!

Lori

Nancy said...

Loving the close-up photos of the ornaments. I took a few at my sister's house on the 25th. I haven't edited them yet. All of your photos are lovely, Kim. :)

Tamar SB said...

Your decorations are lovely!! And those houses are stunning, I agree, I think we should leave lights up all year round, so pretty! Hope you had a lovely holiday!

4 Lettre Words said...

I have two of his fairies and they are faves! LOVE yours...and that shot of the trees is stunning.

Marvett Smith said...

Wow. Gorgeous images Kim. I absolutely love your tree. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Kim said...

These are gorgeous, Kim. I really like the soft focus shots, too. I am not usually a fan of that, but yours are great.

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS photos! My sister would love those fairies!! And I loved your poem, lol. Believe ti or not I am so far behind that it was the second Christmas poem I have read this morning. My friend Jackie wrote a cute one as well: http://kymommy.blogspot.com/2011/12/night-before-christmas.html ;)

Marilyn said...

Hi Kim...I LOVE this post..Thanks for always sharing so much inspiration.Stopping in to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for being a lovely bloggy friend this year. I look forward to SO much more in the new year with you.. Cheers to success, love, health and Wishing you the HAPPIEST OF NEW YEAR'S.. xoxoxox..~M

Vicki Boster said...

Hi Kim-
Such beautiful decorations - I love the theme of using the fairies - they are fabulous! I must check these out! You certainly had a beautiful home at the holiday season!

Thanks for telling me about the fairies!

Love,
Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...