Sunday, September 16, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Hello Sunday, and scavenger hunt . . .
Yes, it's highly likely that you will see from time to time during the football season, like last year,
football themed scavenger hunts on my end. With booster club Mondays and football Thursday and Friday
it doesn't always leave extra time for anything else. The only difference from this year to last is that I have a sideline pass! (swoon)  But when the sun goes down, my very basic 70-300 is just not fast enough glass without having to blow up my ISO to 4000. I am amazed at how fairly well the D7000 can handle the noise though. I pretty much had to stretch the prompts to fit this week . . .


{ kiss }
It was quite an exciting game on Friday with a win of 32-8, and 3 of those touchdowns were in the first few minutes of the game, one being a kick off return of 103 yards! Let's just say after having lost our first two games, there were a lot of kisses and hugs from some very happy kiddos to some very happy coach dads. 


{ askew }...in a crooked position
These girls do some amazing flips, and I guess you could say that before they are right side up again,
they might get a little askew, especially if you freeze frame it!

{ fragrant }

Ummm....yeah.....I tried, I really did, to see if I could find anything remotely fragrant . . .
Just. Not. Going. To. Happen - at a football game. And there should definitely be a disclaimer
on the field to make sure you stand on the back end- and not down wind from the players. Just sayin'! ; )

{ simple }

Not complicated, a simple design  . . . yep another stretch.


{ plant }
(v). implant, put or fix firmly
After the game, win or lose, every player, coach and trainer firmly plants a hand upon another, as they
reflect on a few thoughts from the coach.



Whew, one more week down or should I say survived! For anyone with more than two kids in high school, God bless you!! 'Cause even though we are having fun, I'm just tired!

And I can say with much certainty that today will be pajama Sunday!!

Love, Kim
XO




26 comments:

Raymonde said...

Hi, nice set.
I really like "simple"
Have a great week. :)

Pieni Lintu said...

Nice shots! :)

Brandi said...

Yeah! Congrats on the win, hoping for our first this weekend, too! Great shots!

Brooke said...

WOW - love all the football shots ;D YAHOO to the big win!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love the football themed images. My husband keeps telling me that at some point, I'm going to love the game. I better have a son to make that happen.

Andrea Dawn said...

Great shots, Kim . . . love simple and the last one pulls some sweet emotions out of me. It feels so affirming and inclusive. Enjoy your pajama day . . . I think I need a pajama week.

Unknown said...

I just love the way you interpreted all the prompts. So smart my friend.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

I love all the football photos. I adore this season, and this game,and I appreciate how you worked the prompts into the photos. Nice job!

Sherri B. said...

Your shots make me smile...since I never had a boy, I love seeing these football shots. The team spirit and camaraderie shows through on all of them - it's wonderful! Pajama Sundays are awesome, by the way - I just love them. :)

w said...

great shots from the game. the kiss is touching. lol at the fragrant. no locker room?

Kim Cunningham said...

Really cool set of football pictures! Love the kiss....so sweet! The flip is really fun, and laughing ate not finding anything fragrant at a football game.

Ida said...

These are fantastic.
I loved the Askew shot - Totally awesome.
Also thought Kiss was just adorable.
Simple - Nicely done.
Plant - Very touching.
As for Fragrant...they do serve food at football games, right?

Deanna said...

Even tho you are tired I am sure it is a good tired...what a fun time for your family to be enjoying the thrills of football together. We did this with our son with baseball...memories I will never forget. Love all these "football" related shots, they fit perfectly with the prompts this week. Take a breath...new week ahead.

Nicki said...

like your interpretations - cool freeze-frame.

Unknown said...

These are GREAT memories you are capturing. Miss the days of high school sports with my boys - enjoy them to their fullest as they will done before you know it!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great job, love the kiss interpretation, I am constantly amazed at the athletic ability of cheerleaders as in your "askew" pic.

Seizing My Day said...

we don't do football at all... but I love your shots! ;) my fav is the cheerleader though! ;) nice capture!

Unknown said...

Love the football theme!

Kmcblackburn said...

I LOVE your football shots because you can just tell your love for the game that shines thru. You pick up such great nuances!!!! And a sideline pass? I'm swooning too 'cause I KNOW we are gonna be seeing some FANTASTIC catches from you (Photographically speaking...and MAYBE a ball or two? haha). Love that "askew". And it is so awesome that you can see that football player walkig off the field int he background of it too. And your simple.....I think it's my fav this week. Hard to pick tho.

Gina Kleinworth said...

These are AWESOME! Well done on your interpretations. That first one is just so very sweet- I keep coming back to it.

Kathryn Dyche said...

A love of the game shines through in these shots, some had me saying wow and others like the last rang with emotion. Beautiful Kim.

Ross said...

Fantastic shots! It's been a bit since my last visit, life has been kind of crazy. All my time and energy has been going into getting my photography business off the ground. It would be great if you could take a look and let me know what you think. My site is at http://rossmccreeryphotography.com

Jill Wellington said...

All the photos are just awesome and creative. LOVE the first one!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! that cheerleader shot is awesome!

Buckeroomama said...

I so enjoy looking through your photos. :) Awesome capture for Askew... and I absolutely LOVE Plant. What a powerful image.

Liz said...

Great shots Kim!! How do you manage such great movement shots?? I just can't manage it at all... and it's frustrating me to say the least.
All great interpretations on the prompts. I have barely managed to link up with Scavenger Hunt Sunday over the last 6-8 months. I just can't seem to make it work. I think I need to think outside the box a little more, like you have! Maybe this week...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...