Friday, December 21, 2012

Yes, I have been missing....



....but it's because I've been in action!

Lot's of action, but I have missed you all and I wanted to pop in and say a quick hello to all of you.

Hello!!

It seems that I'm just not as uber talented as I once was, juggling all the festivites of the season
and keeping up with my weekly posts. 

This is what I've been up to...via my instagram photos....

I finally got our tree up, but that's all and trying not to stress that that is all! ;)


It's been fairly warm here, near 80 in fact, but a couple of days in between it got chilly enough to see steam come from my favorite Christmas mug. In fact yesterday it was 79, today I woke up to the 30's...it's Texas, what can I say! haha 


One morning, taking a break, I went to the front porch and lifted the back cushion to sit down and found this very, very cold lizard. She was more than happy to let me warm her up! And it made my day!!!


I did manage to go to the sunrise, once, then to the Starbucks where I had my best EVER Salted Caramel Mocha to date. I even had to go back up to tell her, and she said, "Seriously", with a huge smile!
BUT... Starbucks only sent them a short supply of the salty goodness that gets sprinkled on top and only a few have some left. My Starbucks happiness is I'm afraid,  now going to be short lived! :(


While there at Starbucks, I sat down with my spiral notebooks and pink pencil and tried to finish something I started writing almost a year ago...I hope to share it with you in the new year! God has perfect timing, just saying!!



We drove in our pj's and looked at some Christmas lights, always my favorite!



Made some of my famous chocolate fudge.....


And then I added a layer of peanut butter fudge...yes it's awesome!!


Oh, I got a wild hair and decided to trim my standard poodle myself. I apparently didn't learn from the last time! And this, well this was only phase one, phase two happened outside. What can I say, but that my wild hair happened while I was inside, and thankfully I DO own a vacuum. Although when my daughter got home she said it looked like something bad happened on our street....it was a windy day.


I had another lizard siting (while in the middle of a project), this one between the window screen and the window. The winds that day were in the 20's to 30's and very gusty and I suppose she was protecting herself while sunning and I loved how the sun made her legs transparent. An instagram friend deemed me the "lizard lady" to which I happily accepted! 




And this is the project I was distracted from....it's taken over my entire kitchen table and there my dog waits for me to play with him.  Unfortunately for me creativity and mess go hand in hand....but I am having fun!
If you saw my small studio space, you would know why I am now at the kitchen table....hmmm, a project for the new year!


So there ya have it, that's what I've been up to, what about you?
I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season.

Merry Christmas, from my home (and blog) to yours!!

AND, I have one more thing....a facebook friend posted this video of a flashmob that
will bring a smile to your face, and a warmth to your heart...I hope you enjoy it!!

Love to you,
Kim XO




20 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Your tree is so pretty!! The dog sheering reminds me of when my brother in law would tackle his poor dog! Happy almost Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You HAVE been busy and this post had me chuckling at your exploits. WIshing you the best Christmas ever!

Anonymous said...

What a busy busy little bee you have been. That Starbucks does look mighty delicious.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Kim that was lovely, thoroughly enjoyed the flashmob! You have certainly been in action and I'm keen to read the piece you have been working on, it will be worth waiting for.

Trust you and your family have a very blessed Christmas

Becs said...

Lovely set of ig pics, love your tree. Great flashmob too, thank you for sharing - love the kids conducting! Happy Christmas to you and your family. :)

Southern Gal said...

Good to "see" you again! I just posted flash mob videos on my blog because I was discussing why my daddy hates musicals. Anyway, we're on the same wavelength apparently! Merry Christmas.

P.S. yOu've got me wanting to drive 25 minutes to the nearest Starbucks to try that drink.

Sherri B. said...

What an awesome video! Thank you for sharing that - I'll be putting that on my FB page. :)

Creativity and mess must go together...at least in my house! Have a wonderful holiday, Kim - best wishes to you and yours!

SKCPhotos said...

Your tree is gorgeous. Love your little visitor (lizard). Wonderful post.

Linda/patchwork said...

Loved the Flashmob video. Thank you.

You have been busy, it seems. Creativity and messes go hand and hand here, as well. :)

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Nicki said...

You have been very busy - your tree is gorgeous and I've had similar experience sheering cats (yea, wanna talk fun!!!).

Have a Merry Christmas Kim!

Anonymous said...

You have certainly been busy! I just love that Flash Mob video isn't it awesome?! The mess with the trimming of the pup, that is what my house looks like when I give the dogs a bath and they shake all over the place. I believe there should be an outdoor sub-station type thing for these types of endeavors ;-). Your tree is absolutely gorgeous! Wishing you a beautiful Christmas weekend!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Wow you have been busy . . . . the dog fur made me giggle. This is what the festive season is all about . . . enjoy, have fun with your family. Wishing you lots of Christmas magic.

Dotti said...

Happy you found time to post! You have some fun activities and fabulous photos to share from your busy time.

Merry, MERRY Christmas to the whole Picking Poppies family!

xo

Deanna said...

Well, it may have been awhile since you posted but you made up for it in awesomeness!! Your tree is GORGEOUS!! And what were you thinking when you decided that your poodle needed a hair-cut. You have enough on your plate (including those delicious peanut butter chocolate fudge) And that video...a friend sent me that awhile ago. I enjoyed it then with goosebumps as I enjoyed it again today with goosebumps. Wouldn't it be just wonderful to witness and be there in person for a flash mob like this. Sigh...I can dream. Merry Christmas, my sweet Kim. Hope we will see each other again in 2013 (now that the world didn't end)

Unknown said...

your tree is breathtaking....and your fudge came out nicer than mine! I don't like it a 13x9 it's too thin. and that hair...lol....Merry Christmas Kim...thank you for all your xoxo

Carol said...

Your tree is just beautiful, your dog looks very stylish, I'm now wanting to eat fudge, and the flash mob was brilliant. Merry Christmas from Australia!

Rosemary Aubut said...

Merry Christmas! Beautiful tree!

Brenda said...

Your voice has been missed here in blogland. Gorgeous and very festive tree. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Marvett Smith said...

I've been missing too. :) Sometimes missing is a good thing. I'm glad you've been enjoying your time away. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Honey from the Bee said...

Just coming up for air and playing a little catch up! I'm very curious about what you're up to with the beads! ; ) Hope you had a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year, Kim!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...