Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thank goodness for flowers . . .




{Kim Klassen texture Aurora in overlay}

"Flowers are those little colorful beacons of the sun from which we get sunshine when dark, somber skies blanket our thoughts." - Dodinsky


Thank goodness for flowers,

their beauty,

and their texture,

for their vibrant colors,

and the way they smell.

For watching them gently sway in the breeze,

for the way they make me feel,

for peace and contentment,

for helping me to forget the things I don't want to think,

if only for a moment.

Thank you Lord for the flowers. . .


I am so far behind on my photos, not taking them, but loading them to my computer and editing them. My bee photos,  a sunrise morning earlier last month, and my little adventure with some Monarch caterpillars! Oh my, is all I can say . . . like a little miracle, a birth of life, and I've witnessed it all at my kitchen table! I can't wait to share it all with you. But there are still more doctors appointments this week, with Thursday hopefully being the day we get a more definitive answer as to what is going on. I was so full of hope yesterday as he went back to school after missing two weeks, but came home with more fever. And after carrying and lifting his backpack all day and writing, he had a lot of trouble lifting a Styrofoam cup with two hands!

I don't know if I will be able to thank you all individually, so let me take that opportunity to say thank you for your support, good wishes, positive thoughts and prayers. This blogging community is really an incredible thing and I am so blessed to know all of you!!

Love, Kim
XO




35 comments:

Gracie said...

Beautiful, Kim! Love the colors and the texture that you applied. Brilliant.

Carol said...

So very lovely!

Andrea Dawn said...

Standing with you as you traverse this rocky patch of the road. Praying peace and comfort for you and him, answers and wisdom for treatment for the medical staff. Know that you are loved and that unseen angels walk beside you.

Inspired By June said...

Poor lad. This must be so scary for him (and you). Praying for comfort. Your images are incredible, as always, Kim!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is beautiful, Kim.
Sending prayers for good news.

shirley said...

This is so beautiful and the texture is perfect. I pray you get some resolution soon to whatever is ailing him.

Cathy H. said...

I love your flower images! You create the most gorgeous art with your images and textures! Still praying!

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

I agree thank goodness for flowers, I hope you get some answers soon Kim....

Tamar SB said...

Indeed - they are a sign of hope and a promise of rebirth after (at least for me) a long white winter!

My Garden Diaries said...

I continue to pray for your son and am hoping that you all get answers soon. Take care Kim.

Pieni Lintu said...

Ver pretty shot. <3

Hugs!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Flowers have a way of lifting our spirits. Keeping you in my thoughts and hope Thursday goes well.

Barbara said...

Kim these are so pretty, I love the angle and the background with the main flower.

kelly said...

yes, i am so grateful for flowers for the same reason. thinking of you and your family. sending lots of love and prayers. xoxo

Unknown said...

These are so absolutely beautiful. How gorgeous. I love the flowers. I know what you mean about being so far behind...ME TOO!

Anonymous said...

May you feel surrounded by angels.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

so beautiful. i love flowers. ( :

Anonymous said...

Your photo images today is so tenderly pretty -- pink -- you've gotta love that lovely color in flowers -- flowers, and more flowers love them - can NEVER have to many.. All the best with you little one,,
Hugs

Jennifer said...

Beautiful image and quote. Flowers truly are a Godsend. Still sending prayers and keeping your family in my thoughts.

Kim Cunningham said...

I'm so sorry that he was feverish again. I'm still praying for you both. Will pray for answers, hope, strength, and healing.

Nicki said...

Kim, my continued prayers for some answers and timely resolution to what is going on with your son. I am amazed you can focus on anything else - but your artwork / photography is flawless.

Blessings.

Nicki

kathyinozarks said...

for photos are always so beautiful Kim sending prayers and support your way-hugs Kathy

Kim Bajorek said...

So very beautiful!

Katarina said...

Lovely!
Hoping Thursday goes well...

Sherri B. said...

What a lovely flower...and I have really enjoyed seeing your monarch photos on Instagram. Kim, I continue sending prayers for your son, and I'm sending {{{{Mom hugs}}}} for you, too. I hope there will be answers soon for your son's illness.

patty said...

will be waiting for good news, kim! thinking of you...

xo

Laura said...

beautiful photos... may healing continue in your family.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo and processing. May you find unexpected blessings this week.

Brenda said...

"Beacons of the sun" - what a lovely thought! As is your image - with that salmon pink set off by that deep yellow center. Beautifully textured. You and your family are in my thoughts.

TesoriTrovati said...

Sweetie, I hope that everything is alright. I have missed a few posts and I see that there is a little health scare. I am thinking of you and praying for you. These flowers are mighty gorgeous. A sweet balm for a frazzled soul. Enjoy the day. Erin

Lizzy said...

Beautiful photo. I am new to your blog from Kent's P52 but I hope your son is feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

Your flower is gorgeous. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your son.. I do hope they have some answers for your son soon..

Hugs~

Dotti said...

So glad you were able to do your Tuesday linkups! Sometimes a bit of creativity can recharge the batteries. And this is so lovely, Kim. Today is Thusday ... thinking of you and Sam.

xoxo

Ida said...

Simply gorgeous!

Jeanne said...

This is just beautiful, and know that the beauty that you see in your life every day is going to be a real gift in the days to come! Hugs to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...