"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies"
In some things I don't mind change, like the seasons (which we don't really even get here), the scenery on a road trip, and that of a caterpillar to a butterfly (yep, I did say random).
And in others I really don't like it. "The Change" which is completely for the birds (well, they probably don't even go through the change, lucky!), when marketers change the labels constantly and you can't find what you need because they changed it, and like when your kid goes to college.
Gosh, I thought I was doing so good, but really, I think I'm having a bit of trouble. It's just so quiet around here, and honestly during the day it was always quiet. But come 3 o'clock every day when she came home (brother always has some kind of practice) she filled me in on world happenings because quite frankly I don't ever turn on my TV. I miss our everyday conversations about miscellaneous life stuff and school, and sharing my excitement over butterfly #200 and something emerging, and I sure do miss her baking! LOL
Mostly, I just miss her presence, well, and her hugs!
It was so nice to have her home last weekend, but it just went too fast. And before you know it we were driving her back to campus. But our drive back was so much fun, listening to some of her ideas about documentaries and a book she wrote that she is re-writing.....can I just tell you, and I know most parents probably feel this same way about their kids, but this girl is incredible. She has such a profound wisdom for her age, and I don't think I've been smarter than her since fifth grade!
Change....as much as most of us don't like it, it's the only way to get to the other side sometimes.
(five minute intermission for a good cry)
Okay, speaking of last weekend it was homecoming and my boy asked a girl . . . to the dance . . . only they didn't go to the dance? They, along with 16 others took a limo into Houston where they had dinner instead. Since they aren't 18 and there were 18 of them the restaurant required a chaperon so another mom and I did the honors. The manager was impressed and admitted that they didn't need one, but they never know what kind of group they will get.
And speaking of my boy, he is doing so well. I missed Tuesday because I don't have my act together lately and we had his infusion. Following protocol he will be on this medication for the next two months and the doctor, because he is doing so well and labs are all staying normal, may take him completely off! (that's when we pray for remission)
Linking with Nancy, and more randomness....
1. On the caterpillar front, I now have 3 Queen cats that have turned into a chrysalis, 3 more in a j-hang and maybe another dozen still getting fat. Throw a couple of Monarch cats in there, and about 8 black swallowtail eggs, two that just hatched this morning. Grand central station....
2. I put out my hummingbird feeder for the first time (it's two years old) but the hummers seem to prefer my wild morning glory vine, whatup?
3. Now this one .... if you know an elderly person who is really elderly, who not only still has a drivers license, but actually gets behind a wheel, please, please, please make sure they really can drive. It's okay to hurt their feelings if it means keeping other drivers alive. (see #4)
4. I'm happy to be alive, and even happier that the planets were aligned so that when the elderly woman came across over three lanes into mine that I was able to avert an accident. The outcome would have been different if there had been any cars in the left turn lane, or any cars in the opposite turn lane!
5. Don't go to Sonic for your free Texans slush the day after the Texans win unless it's before school lets out, just sayin'!
Yeah, I just need to wrap up this very long random mess of a post and go have some chocolate or something.
6. No I have not forgotten my Monarch series, seriously I took way too many photos (is there such a thing) and I'm trying to corral all my notes and thoughts from the last four months.
Have a wonderful weekend, I'm off to watch some Queen cats do their thing.
linking with Little Things Thursday, Five on Friday, Friday Photo Journal