. . . yep, it was spotted on the gulf coast going 80 in a 60 degree zone!
Now, I know, I'm not going to get much sympathy from most of you,
but we already had to turn on the A/C.
It's February people! And I was quite hoping for a REAL Spring.
But . . .
1. I'm over the moon to see the bees again.
2. And apparently the bees are over the
moon flowers to drink nectar once again. This, seemed
to be a common sight the other day at the nursery . . . they appear to have tipped the juice
a little too far and were in a suspended stuper. (He seemed to be hanging on for dear life.)
3. Look who's here . . . he emerged on Tuesday and since we've had several hard freezes I have
zero plants for a food source, so I boxed him up and took him to my nursery. I figured he would
really enjoy the variety of flowers and appreciate the fact he didn't have to fly all over looking for food.
And...that proboscis of his went right to work.
4. As I was making my way to the front I spied this Houdini leaf performing feats of wonder. If you look really, really close you can see a hint of a silk string. I didn't really think much about it, until I noticed it
was bobbing up and down? next......
5. So.....I looked up, and, what do ya know I found Charlotte! She was using the leaf for one of her anchor threads for the beautiful web she was putting the finishing touches on. She was tricky to get a picture of moving around so much because when your a spider, there is no rest for the weary.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm loving the fact that it isn't 50 shades of grey (of course by the time you
read this it could possibly be raining cats and dogs), but you have to remember . . . here on the gulf coast our summer is a little like your winter only instead of below zero, we are over a hundred. It's just that I was thinking it would be nice to have spring first.
and one more, 7. because I know you were wondering. The APHIDS are out in full force already, UGH!
Have a great weekend - I would if I could bottle some of this up and send it to you! :)
Love, Kim xo