Tuesday, July 22, 2014

This finally happened . . .


"The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses."
~ Hanna Rion


Big, huge, sigh . . .
I can hardly believe it's been a month since I've been in this space.
And,
I can hardly believe that we just got the flower garden planted, in mid July!

But none the less, it really makes my heart happy to see all this color, and well,
they were 50% off. That sale usually happens at the end of May, but I suspect
our lingering spring with cooler temps pushed it back. And you know, I just wasn't
about to miss out on that sale, so my patience and I hung in there.

Coneflower, angelonia, pentas and salvia. Black eyed susan, gomphrena and zinnia's.
Purples and pinks, oranges and red. White, yellow and blues.



I had to move the birdbath closer to the sidewalk so I can empty it every night...you know, mosquitoes.



And I have had more fun making dreamy Monet-ish photos of this space.

{KK pinit8)

There have been many visitors, swallowtails, gulf fritillaries, monarchs, skippers, painted ladies, and even a question mark. No, really, that's the name of the butterfly....there is even one called a coma.


I've been trying to live simple in between complicated and unexpected.
But it takes a little practice,
to make new habits,
to revel in the sometimes overlooked moments
ones that no matter how small are significant and desire our consideration.
To appreciate them,
and to linger with all five senses.

I'm also over at Focusing on Life today. A very short story about one day last summer . . .
Please come on over and join me, us!

Until next time,
love, kim

sharing with Texture Tuesday, Sweet shot Tuesday





32 comments:

Andy said...

Beautiful photos! It was worth the wait Kim for you to get back posting on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim ,your garden is a little paradise ! Love the Monet picture so much :-)
I wish you a wonderful summertime, Patricia

Tamar SB said...

What a gorgeous garden!!! Enjoy, enjoy! I bet your flowers last later into the fall than things do up here!!

Sherri B. said...

Thanks for sharing a little bit of your paradise...so pretty!!

you-wee because said...

Wonderful Echinacea pupurea, Kim!

I took many of these beauties recently, too. But I havn't found the time to post them so far...
...and now I found yours!

Great!

Enjoy a peaceful and relaxind summer period!

Uwe.

Barbara said...

Oh such light such beauty, man awesome Kim.

Jeanne said...

love your flowers even if they were a bit late coming. Just gorgeous! LOve that 'monet" replica. Have missed seeing you here!

Southern Gal said...

These are such beautiful shots. And, yes, we know about mosquitoes!

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

Kim, your gardens are just breathtaking!!! Maybe one day I will just have to make a journey over to you and see them.

Becs said...

These are lovely. The colour and the light are just gorgeous.

Sheila said...

Your garden is gorgeous - and so are your images! Love that Monetish one - so cool. And the first one too - beautiful dreamy light.

CarolHart said...

Patience has its own reward and you have created a beautiful flower garden. Love your images too!

Tessa said...

So pretty and inspiring!!

Brenda said...

Welcome back - you have been missed! What a lovely garden. I continue to fall in love with your abstract impressionistic studies - simply gorgeous!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

it is just beautiful. I love the light in that first image.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Beautiful garden and I love the Monet-ish shot.

EarlK said...

Wonderful garden. My favorite photo is the first one. Your artist interpretation is also a good one. Have fun.

Dotti said...

Your garden may be late but it isn't wanting. These are all lovely photos! And I have a perfect stand of flowers to do the Monet thing. Why didn't I think of that on my own?

Inspired By June said...

Sigh. Simply beautiful, Kim. So glad to see you back in this space :]

Jenmcb said...

I love your garden shots! Thank you for identifying the butterfly on my blog today.
If you lived near me, I have plenty of flowers to share.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous garden and photos. I love that one with the butterfly. I also enjoyed your beautiful words.

Prairie Jill said...

Beautiful series! My favourite is the first one - the light is just amazing.

Lisa Gordon said...

How beautiful these are, Kim!

Roxi H said...

If you want to plant big plants that look good and not break the bank you have to wait for the sales. Unfortunately the bunnies are eating the last things I put out. I love that yellow butterfly. And your story at FOL. Awesome.

Sharon said...

Oh, I love all the color! I know summer and flowers are late this year in many places because of the long winter. Your garden looks like a peaceful place to relax and seek simplicity. Hope you have a good week!

pam said...

you have all my favorite flowers! What is the name of the orange flower?

Kathryn Dyche said...

So beautiful Kim, love that one is called question mark and one comma.

Cathy H. said...

Your patience definitely paid off...your garden is gorgeous! I love the beautiful blend of colors and textures!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Kim your garden is stunning so much colour.

Waldameise Andrea said...

Zauberhafte Fotos - wunderschöne sommerliche Impressionen.

Deanna said...

You always bring such wonderful thoughts and images to your blog, the garden obviously was worth the wait because it is stunning with all of its beauty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...