Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September Grass...song-ography edition




"We're so small and the world's so vast"

James Taylor - 'September Grass'


[Yep, it looks different around here, thought it was time for a little change.]

So, this is one of the only three times, I think, that I made it to the sunrise ALL summer!
I know, I can hardly believe it either. I'm hoping to change that, especially before we have
to "fall back" with our clocks. Getting up early this summer seemed to be a real challenge.

"Well the sun's not so hot in the sky today
And you know I can see summertime slipping on away"

All I can say, is that apparently Mr. Sheldon who wrote these lyrics, had not been to
Texas in September because the sun IS still hot in the sky. In fact I had a few red marks on
Sunday from being at the beach to prove it (yes I forgot to apply sunscreen).
It's not slipping away quite yet, but the writing is in the sky.


















{KK 1301 in overlay}



 You can sense the change in the light and the lower position of the sun in the sky.
And, that the blanket flower and black-eyed susans are now growing amongst the grass.

P.S. Keep your eyes open, Monarch migration is underway!

Happy Tuesday,
Love, Kim








29 comments:

you-wee because said...

Wonderful late summer impressions, Kim. The past few days we got lower temperatures and more rain (showers), but within this week the sun (and the September warmth) will hopefully come back again.
In the meanwhile I look through my summer memories (that'll be my next post end of the week).
All the best from Germany between September rain and September sun. ;-)
Uwe.

Tamar SB said...

Love the new blog look! And what amazingly gorgeous shots! It's getting cold here, that's for sure!

Nicki said...

Had to do a double take on the new header - make sure I was in the right spot even though the content told me it was (that first one in particular - WOW!). Liking the new do (so to speak). Fabulous shots with the sun, the water, the tall grass (a personal favorite with the sun - yum) and fields.

Unknown said...

These are just beautiful.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Love your header!

Photos are gorgeous.

Barbara said...

Your sunrises are just awesome, beautiful captures Kim.

Southern Gal said...

I like the new look, Kim.

Michelle B said...

So many beautiful photos! The sunrise is gorgeous, I love the sun peeking through the grass.

Unknown said...

LOVE your headerchange! Beach looks so lovely.

Brenda said...

Oh, I have missed your Texas sunrises - you have such a way with capturing that golden light. All gorgeous images but my absolute favorite is the 4th one - with those grasses silhouetted by the rising sun. Stunning!

Adrienne said...

Beautiful new look! So...YOU! And the serenity of the early morning and the early fall - both captured so beautifully. I adore the silhouetted fishermen!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Lovely new header! And lovely pictures of the changing seasons.

Ida said...

Wow what a wonderful sunrise that was. Loving the dedicated fisherman out that early. Gorgeous flowers in the fields too.

Sheila said...

Your sunset images are breathtakingly beautiful. And the flower images are gorgeous.

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Oh my what a swan song for Summer, Kim these are wonderful...

NCSue said...

The mood captured in these images is so peaceful and serene - great series!

CarolHart said...

All of these images evoke a sense of peacefulness. Lovely work.

Lisa Gordon said...

These are truly beautiful images, Kim.

Roxi H said...

Beach scenes never get old and I love the wild gaillardia! Love your new header too!

Pat said...

Gorgeous images.

Unknown said...

Love the beach scenes, so tranquil and beautiful. Also love those flowers....gorgeous !

Dotti said...

Oh, Kim! This post has me positively drooling for your Galveston Bay sunrises. I can't wait!!!!

EarlK said...

The beach at sunrise . . . wow!

Marilyn said...

Kim, I really like the dramatic beach shots.

Cathy H. said...

Breathtaking sunrise!

ju-north said...

Such a beautiful reminder of warmer days!

chasing the sun said...

I love your photos and blog! I am so happy and proud to have been there with you on some of these shoots :-)

molly said...

Beautiful images, you should be so proud of these. The last one through the reeds is really exceptional

Mollyxxx

Inspired By June said...

Yes, I've seen some near San Antonio, Kim! Love your new header! Just perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...