Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving . . .


"To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant,
to enact gratitude is generous and noble,
but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven."
-Johannes A. Gaertner



{KK 1216}

I really wanted to prepare a nice post . . . But I plum ran out of time (and you don't even want to know what time it is that I'm typing this).  

We brought our girl back from college, my hubby is home for the week, we've pulled out a game we haven't played in a while (Carcassonne), dined with friends and went to a movie . . .  the tree is out and waiting for lights, and ingredients to start fudge making have been purchased.

I will pull out my grandmothers 'Johnson Bros.' dishes and place them on her table cloth (artfully, as it's for a round table and mine is rectangle), and we will embark on making one of our favorite family dinner traditions around the island. 

On Thanksgiving morning we will go to the sunrise (at least 2 out of 4 of us), a new tradition we started about 4 or 5 years ago and on Friday we will celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary!

And speaking of traditions, I'm sharing a favorite one today over at Focusing on Life today and I hope you'll join me!

I wish you and your families a wonderful Thanksgiving week, filled with laughter and hearts full of gratitude . . . 

From my home to yours -
Love, Kim

Sharing with Texture Tuesday, Sweet shot Tuesday, Communal Global

      





28 comments:

Nicki said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Beautiful post, image, and tradition - and glad the girl is home from college - always a bonus.

4 Lettre Words said...

Beautiful, Kim! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Wishing you and your family a love filled Thanksgiving. Enjoy your sunrise.

Barbw said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kim! Lovely table setting and your days sound full and wonderful. Oh, and Happy Anniversary too!

Barb said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kim! Lovely table setting and your days sound full and wonderful. Oh, and Happy

Barbara said...

Love the little soup containers, and a round tablecloth on a rectangle is perfect in my eyes and you can say itis Wabi Sabi. :) Happy Thanksgiving

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

love your table setting. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Buckeroomama said...

Happy Thanksgiving... and happy anniversary. Here's to living gratitude every day.

Roxanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving! What wonderfully homey images!

Brenda said...

Wishing you and yours the most wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! (My husband and I just celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on the 20th :) - big congrats to both of you.)

Desirae R said...

This sounds all so lovely! And what a lovely set for the table.

Dotti said...

I think my mother has those same dishes. :-D it sounds like a wonderful weekend. Happy Thanksgiving! xo

Tamar SB said...

Happy thanksgiving!!

Michelle B said...

Your table looks beautiful! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

petal pics said...

Fab looking table setting

Sheila said...

Wow! amazing tables settings - love, love, love the pumpkin and squash soup bowls!
Happy Thanksgiving!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Happy Thanksgiving K. and also Happy Anni :)

The Holidays are a wonderful time for me :)

Cheers, T. :)

Lisa Gordon said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Kim.

Marilyn said...

Such a beautiful setting. Sounds like you will have a joyous family Thanksgiving.

Sharon said...

What an elegant holiday dining table! And how wonderful to spend time with your family making fun memories. Happy Thanksgiving!

EarlK said...

Beautiful table setting. Glad the family is home. Happy Thanksgiving.

Carmel said...

Amazing images...I really loved your table layout. I hope the hour was not to late when you finally finished.

Linda/patchwork said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Inspired By June said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Anniversary, Kim! So much to be thankful for :)

chasing the sun said...

Happy happy Thanksgiving! I love your table layout too ! Have a wonderful weekend :-)

Kia said...

How very welcoming and festive. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Pat said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend. Happy Thanksgiving and...Happy Anniversary!

Anita Johnson said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love the idea of a sunrise together...sadly it might just be me and the dog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...