Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Queen's Parade . . .



"I will honor Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year."

- Charles Dickens

On Tuesday I shared some general photos from the Dickens on the Strand in Galveston,
a yearly tradition with this being our 4th in attendance.

Today...the Queen's Parade.

We found a spot a waited and for the parade to start, but as our luck would have it
a crowd formed right in our viewing path. So, I crossed the street to get a better position
where there weren't many people, just to have another person with two cameras dart in front 
of me more times than I would like to say. Father Christmas, missed it. The queen in her
carriage, yep, missed it.

Then at the end of the parade when the Texas snow came down (aka dish soap bubbles)
my camera malfunctioned and I missed that too.

But, I did manage to have really good timing on one of them . . . 





















  


THIS ONE! . . . Sometimes the timing God's are on your side.








The Battle of Galveston reenactment crew - coming up next month.


And, this is what a whole lot of my shots looked like...someone always stepping in my way, oh well!
We were lucky to make it several blocks to the very end of the "bed races" after trying to figure
out how to get my camera working again. This was one of those 'one shot' deals before I almost got run over by a reindeer bed! lol

Always such a good time, although there was no 'real' snow machine this year for the kids
to throw snowballs, and the elephants were missing? One year one of the elephants managed to try and steal the glasses right off my face. Just in case you were wondering, elephant spit doesn't
smell so good! ;)








17 comments:

Andy said...

Even with the interference you still managed to get some excellent shots.

Tamar SB said...

These are awesome. What a fun parade!

Southern Gal said...

You still captured some great shots!

Nicki said...

All obstacles aside, you got some outstanding pictures and it looks like it would have been a jolly good time.

Snap said...

Kim, when I was living on the island, Dickens was one of my favorite things to do. Thanks for the memories!

Cathy H. said...

You got some fantastic shots! I love seeing the period clothing, but I'm glad I don't have to wear them!

you-wee because said...

Cool festival and wonderful photographs, Kim!

Inspired By June said...

Sounds like a wonderful affair! Despite the missed shots - you got some good ones, Kim! Blessings on your Christmas!

tiarastantrums said...

HOW MUCH FUN does that look! Never seen one of these parades - thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun parade! Glad you were able to get some great shots despite your obstacles. And I feel your frustration. :)

Roxi H said...

You won't see anything like that here. What fun!

Dotti said...

I love events like this! Last year and this your photos have made me wish I could be there to see this. Such fun. Thanks for sharing!

Kathryn Dyche said...

You always take such fantastic 'people' shots . . . I really suck at them. Can I pick your brains and ask what settings you use?

Kim Cunningham said...

This looks so fun and the Quuen E is looking pretty on point! So festive!

Unknown said...

Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

Anonymous said...

I just loved this! And yes that one photo with the hands is one of those one-in-a-million shots! Merry Christmas!

Lisa Gordon said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a bright and beautiful New Year, Kim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...